5 Steps Before Calling an Electrician
Before you call Enterprise Electric, try these steps. They could save you the cost of a service call!
- Check that all circuit breakers are ON. Check any generator switches (if any).
- Reset all breakers, even if they appear ON or have an unrelated label. Reset breakers properly by turning them OFF completely, then turning back ON.
- Locate all GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlets (look in bathrooms, powder room, garage, kitchen, outdoors) and push the Reset button (not the Test button) on each GFCI outlet. Start with GFCI outlet(s) nearest to the main panel.
- Check light bulbs and replace dead bulbs with ones that work. (NOTE: Sometimes, new light bulbs donít work even though they are new, so try more than one new bulb.)
- Check to see if a wall switch that is usually left on all the time has been turned off.
For additional troubleshooting tips, visit www.thecircuitdetective.com